Job Title: Engineering Project Manager
Department: Technology Group
Reports to: Technology Manager
Salary Range: Dependent on experience
P2i's technology delivers game-changing solutions to the challenges associated with water damage. We tailor our technology to suit specific devices: their target market, performance requirements and levels of potential liquid damage they will be exposed to.
As an Engineering Project Manager you will mainly be responsible for (but not limited to) the duties described in this job description.
Job Purpose & Context
P2i has an opportunity for a Project Engineering Managers to join our team in Milton Park near Abingdon. We are currently looking for an experienced Project Engineering Managers to support development of a number of projects aimed at not only developing new products but key processes and procedures within the Technology Group.
He/she will be an excellent communicator and will ultimately ensure that P2i’s innovative technology is implemented and maintained efficiently and within the parameters defined.
· Administration and reporting of resource request and management system
· Drive continuous improvement
Key Relationships and Interfaces
· Line Manager for day-to-day direction
· Engineering, R&D team, Product, application teams and Manufacturing
Academic Qualifications or Key Knowledge
· Bachelor’s degree in Scientific or Engineering (preferred); other technical qualifications considered
Skills & Experience
· 10+ years in Engineering or project management role ideally in high tech product with exposure to manufacturing proof of concept trials, industrialisation & release to Manufacturing
· Project Excellence - Promoting wide project stakeholder engagement and facilitating open and honest communications. Ensuring projects are appropriately planned, managed, executed, fully documented and all necessary records are maintained.
· Experience of technical specification writing, project reporting, KPI development, budget control and risk management
· The candidate needs excellent problem-solving skills and must possess and be able to demonstrate a flair for creativity and innovation
· Must be able to work on their own initiative and demonstrate flexible organisational, time management and prioritisation skills, between multiple projects
· Ability & willingness to work under pressure and to tight timescales
· Experience of CE / UL machinery safety standards would be advantageous
· Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
· Willingness to travel, up to 30% (desirable)
· Mandarin (desirable)
· Goal Orientated
· Organisational awareness and commitment
· Planning and Organising
· Open, Flexibility and Adaptability
· Initiative and Ability to work under pressure
Generic Health & Safety Responsibilities
· Take reasonable care of your own health and safety
· Take reasonable care not to put other people - fellow employees and members of the public - at risk by what you do or don't do in the course of your work
· Co-operate with the Company, making sure you get proper training and you understand and follow the company's health and safety policies
· Not to interfere with or misuse anything that's been provided for your health, safety or welfare
· Report any injuries, strains or illnesses you suffer as a result of doing your job
· Tell your employer if something happens that might affect your ability to work (e.g. becoming pregnant or suffering an injury)
· If you drive or operate machinery, to tell your employer if you take medication that makes you drowsy - they should temporarily move you to another job if they have one for you to do
This job description should be regarded only as guidance to the duties required and is not definitive or restrictive in any way. It may be reviewed in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the job holder.
Please note: Only Candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding their application. If you are not successful with this role we may however contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Candidates will only be assessed on their merits, qualifications and abilities in relation to the role.