Job Title: Product Technician
Department: Product Technical
Reports to: Senior Scientist
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
As a Product Technician you will mainly be responsible for (but not limited to) the duties described in this job description.
Job Purpose & Context
This role exists to provide technical support to Product Technical projects as required, particularly around sample preparation, processing operation and analysis. It is one of several Technicians who conduct and perform scientific experiments and monitor, record and report on their findings.
· To assist with Product Technical projects as required
· To conduct scientific experiments and perform tests in the laboratory.
· To monitor, record and report work through lab notebooks on a continuous basis as well as via written reports and verbal communication/ presentations.
· To ensure work progresses according to plan and inform supervisor if problems arise
· To maintain a clean, safe and efficient working environment in the laboratory
· To participate in team discussions
Key Relationships and Interfaces
Product Technical Team, Product Applications Team, R&D (Technology) Team, Engineering team, Technical Sales Support Team
Academic Qualifications or Key Knowledge
Physical Sciences degree preferred
Skills & Experience
· Knowledge of chemistry and/or physics, and/or material science.
· Ability to work as part of project team
· Ability to work under pressure to achieve goals to agreed timing.
· Experienced in laboratory work including handling chemicals, and able to work safely with minimal supervision.
· Microsoft Office (good working knowledge of Powerpoint, Excel and Word)
· Self-motivated & flexible to changing requirements
· Team player, and able to build relationships with colleagues at all levels
· Professional and positive outlook to all tasks and requests from line and project manager
· Motivated to deliver practical results
· Experience in product or process development
· Experience in Vision systems for Quality control
· Experience in Standard Operating Procedure writing
· Organisational awareness and commitment
· Customer Awareness
· Planning and Organising
· Flexibility and Adaptability
Generic Health & Safety Responsibilities
· Take reasonable care of your own health and safety
· Take reasonable care not to put other people - fellow employees and members of the public - at risk by what you do or don't do in the course of your work
· Co-operate with the Company, making sure you get proper training and you understand and follow the
company's health and safety policies
· Not to interfere with or misuse anything that's been provided for your health, safety or welfare
· Report any injuries, strains or illnesses you suffer as a result of doing your job
· Tell your employer if something happens that might affect your ability to work (e.g. becoming pregnant or suffering an injury)
· If you drive or operate machinery, to tell your employer if you take medication that makes you drowsy
- they should temporarily move you to another job if they have one for you to do
This job description should be regarded only as guidance to the duties required and is not definitive or restrictive in any way. It may be reviewed in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the job holder.
Please note: Only Candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding their application. If you are not successful with this role we may however contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Candidates will only be assessed on their merits, qualifications and abilities in relation to the role.