Job Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Reports to: Product Marketing Manager
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
As Marketing and Communications Manager, you will be responsible for (but not limited to) the duties described in this job description.
Job Purpose & Context
This role will take the lead for marketing programmes and initiatives. Working alongside the Sales, Product Commercialization, Applications, Business Development, BI and Executive Team, you will be refining the corporate and product messaging and to win market share as well as Event Management (e.g. Mobile World Congress). You will develop and implement market initiatives that raise awareness, generate interest and drive sales. You will work with key B2B/B2C audiences including decision makers, media influencers and agency partnerships outside the company.
Campaign management and content growth marketing:
· Deliver and implement all marketing initiatives and multi-channel programmes to include content marketing, email, web promotion, social media, PR thought leadership programmes and virtual and physical events to drive engagement
· Ensure consistent branding and messaging across all platforms and customer facing materials
· Ensure the business narrative is aligned with the causeway story and the campaign strategy joins up with the core themes and overall agenda the business is driving by sector and geography by working closely with product commercialisation and application teams
· Develop a strong understanding of the core target markets and personas in order to develop credible campaign strategies to drive awareness and revenue through direct and sales channels.
· Manage PR agency/Social agency/Creative freelancer within UK and internationally to deliver highly effective corporate campaigns that promote the organization with key stakeholders.
· Plan and sequence messages in a timely manner to support other campaign communication channels, liaising with CEO and senior managers across the business and external contacts.
· Support directors and senior managers to develop reactive lines, by-lines to manage reputation, maintaining positioning and counter any negative media, adapting UK press releases for international syndication ensuring stories translate to differing international markets
· Access appropriate research via BI to understand the market, customers and competitor and use data insights on the user experience on P2i’s portfolio of products to support PR messaging and proposition development.
· Manage translation resource to deliver on brand collaterals both online and offline for use in wider international markets together with translations.
· Shepherd externally facing branded assets to ensure all collateral and social presence are current, accurate and locally relevant and meet brand guidelines across internal and external stakeholders.
· Manage and develop relationships with appointed agencies ie social, event and PR through to deliver marketing plan on time through regular work in progress meetings.
· Ensure creation and development of the digital and social marketing strategy including analytics and user experience, social media, search engine marketing and web management across multi-websites to meet corporate objectives.
· Continually evaluate the success of our external communications and communication vehicles, providing data to support decisions and optimum mix of channels by communication type, using reporting tools, google analytics and social analytic tools.
· Oversee marketing budget and cost targets, manage performance to forecasting and report results.
· Identify B2B industry award events and enter P2i into relevant categories
· Publish bi-monthly ‘The droplet’ newsletter using Constant Contact CRM management tool.
· Manage Events, work closely with supplier and team to organise Events/ Trade Shows etc
Essential Skills & Experience
Very strong written and spoken communications skills
Collaborative team player who understands how to work across marketing and commercial teams to maximise results.
Attention to detail and ability to ensure consistency across all marketing materials
Solid experience of writing quality eternal communication documents ie case studies, press releases etc.
Resourceful creative problem solver, who thrives in unstructured, team oriented environment and knows how to influence across functions.
Understanding of a range of techniques and creative expression across formats: content, paid and search advertising, web, email, SEO Marketing analytics and agency relationships.
Track record of executing marketing plans and working with cross functional teams to deliver winning execution in a competitive environment.
Desirable Skills & Experience
Collaborative and support team player – thinks and works cross-functionally – influences others, but also compromises to find the right solution for the business
Adaptability to remain effective in a changing environment
Organizational awareness and commitment
Excellent planning and organisational skills to successfully plan and co-ordinate complex multi touch programmes, along with excellent time management, prioritisation skills
Have the ability to take often complex product and solution messages and develop them into customer focused value propositions with sub messaging that are easy to understand.
Your application was submitted successfully.