Job Title: Operations Engineer - Process
Reports to: Head of Global Operations Engineering
Salary Range: TBC
Job Purpose & Context
P2i is a high technology company with a worldwide customer base and has its head office in Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire. P2i operates in the UK, US and Asia and this position is to support the installed global base of P2i equipment with the flexibility to travel whenever assigned which may involve extended periods of travel at short notice.
The job holder will be a member of the Operations Engineering team and will be travelling largely overseas at high profile customer sites. He/she will be an excellent communicator and will ultimately ensure that P2i’s complex and innovative technology is implemented and maintained efficiently and within the parameters of the Customer Service Agreement.
· Responsible for monitoring and driving daily customer production efficiency, ensuring production at nominated sites across the region is under effective control.
· Troubleshooting process control problems and identifying root causes and make recommendations for improvements and/or implement improvements.
· Analyse process problems from a top-down approach, Statistical analysis (capability & stability for mass production).
· Implementing new customer sites and ensuring all process flows and operating procedures are created/documented and followed.
· Perform and control NPI processing at customer sites and be responsible for report writing of such processing.
· Documenting parameter settings and modifications including clearly defining operating procedures and guidelines to ensure the safe operation and production of high quality products.
· Other tasks as required by line manager.
· Managing continuous improvement of Process Safety, Quality, Variability, Reliability and Productivity.
· Developing new processes for new projects/products during mass production.
· Oversee NPI projects for recipe and process improvements during mass production.
Key Relationships and Interfaces
· Customers, Sales team, Engineering team, Application team
Academic Qualifications or Key Knowledge
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent in a material science or material application environment.
· Have an understanding of process management.
· Professional knowledge of 5S, Lean Production and Kanban management is an advantage.
Skills & Experience
· More than 3 years factory experiences as a Process Engineer or a similar role in a high-volume manufacturing industry
· Problem resolution of process and technical application issues & performance
· Good technical knowledge & background in vacuum technology.
· Team player with strong interpersonal and effective communication skills including experience in delivering presentations.
· Quick learner and ability to problem-solve and make decisions with minimal supervision.
· Good ability to create documents using MS Word, Excel and Power point.
· Excellence in building customer relationships
· Experience of working with different customers at different locations/sites
· Additional language skills.
· Organisational awareness and commitment
· Customer Awareness
· Planning and Organising
· Flexibility and Adaptability
Generic Health & Safety Responsibilities
This job description should be regarded only as guidance to the duties required and is not definitive or restrictive in any way. It may be reviewed in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the job holder.
Please note: Only Candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding their application. If you are not successful with this role we may however contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Candidates will only be assessed on their merits, qualifications and abilities in relation to the role.